ILOCOS SUR (2 day itinerary)

Hello, I'm baaack!

I am half Ilocana, in my father's side, my lolo is from Bangued, Abra and my lola is from Santiago, Ilocos Sur. And I was ecstatic when I found out that my dad's biking team will be riding to Ilocos! However, no hablas Ilocano. :( This is a family trip, but, my mom will be arriving from Pangasinan and my dad is, I didn't know where, his itinerary with his cyclist barkada was Manila-Pangasinan-Ilocos Sur-Ilocos Norte, talk about PAGOD! I don't know how he does it.

As I've said in my previous blog posts, I loooove making itineraries, so when I found out that we'll be spending the long weekend of Chinese New Year in Ilocos Sur, it's like I could not stop myself from planning this trip.


This is my 2 Day Ilocos Sur Itinerary

Day 0

departure from Manila via Partas Bus
We took the Deluxe bus, Manila to Laoag, this route passes Vigan. The trip is usually takes 8 hours, but we took the night bus, so we arrived earlier than expected, at 3:00am.

My advice: if you're commuting and traveling with a kid, best to take the night bus, you won't feel tired and won't be needing to book a hotel for the night.

ETD 9:00pm from Cubao, Quezon City
ETA 5:00am, Vigan Ilocos Sur (we arrived earlier, at 3:30am)


Day 1

Vigan

We checked in at Green R Hotel, this is walking distance from the Partas Terminal in Vigan, located beside the Vigan Public Market.

8am
 We had our breakfast at the food stalls in Plaza Burgos
 We had noodles.


Vigan Cathedral


Plaza Salcedo
There is a Dancing Fountain Show at night, around 7pm.


9am
We rode the Calesa (Wohoo!)
This costs 150/hour, it can take up to 4 passengers. Very cheap in my opinion.

First stop while riding the Calesa is Saint Augustine Parish Church also known as the Bantay Church, located just outside Vigan. Beside the church is the Bantay Bell Tower, which used to be a watchtower for pirates during the Spanish era.

You could actually climb the tower, the view from the top is majestic. :)





Next stop is the Pagburnayan.

Pagburnayan is a pottery managed and owned by the National Artist Fidel Antiporda Go. It was a wonderful surprised being in the turf of a National Artist. We didn't get to meet Fidel Antiporda Go, but we met his son Bongbong Go, who was managing the pottery and showing the tourists how pots are made. Their family came from China, his grandfather was the one who originally made pots handed his talent to his son, the National Artist Fidel Antiporda Go, now to the grandson, Bongbong Go. It really is a talent handed down from past generations.



Crisologo Museum

I remember my dad telling me that my grandparents were voters of Ilocos Sur, see during that time they were already living in Manila, but during election season, they go to Ilocos Sur just to vote for the Crisologos.


12 noon
We had lunch at Rhys and Robins, this one is located near Vigan Public Market and Partas Terminal. They serve all day breakfast meals, from Silogs to Sandwiches.
We had the BagnetSilog and the Vigan Longganisa Silog.


12:30pm
Chavit Singson's Baluarte



Narvacan

2pm
We traveled from Vigan to Narvacan to get to Sulvec Beach, Paraiso Ni Juan via AUV. This beach is not usually visited by tourist and usually visited by locals, it is not a resort but they have cottages if you want to pay for one. There are no restrooms but there is a restaurant/bus stop located at the other side of the road where you could buy food and take a bath. Bath costs 10 pesos per person, very cheap eh.

My tip: If you  have a private car, I suggest you visit at twilight.



Santa Maria 

3:30pm
Nuestra SeƱora de la Asuncion is commonly known as Santa Maria Church is located in Santa Maria, Ilocos Sur. This church was declared as a UNESCO World Heritage site as part of the Baroque Churches of the Philippines. 


Candon

5pm
This was our last stop for the day. We booked a place from airbnb. :)


7pm
We had dinner at Little Panda, just walking distance from our place. 
Then, let's welcome my Mom who traveled more than 6 hours from Pangasinan. 







CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top